Thursday, October 30, 2014

Kinetic Typography Videos

The first video like I liked is Television Is A Drug. Even though the motion and type are always in the middle, it grabs your attention. Grabbing the viewers attention is the main point of that video. We are looking through the eyes of the viewer while the TV is franticly attempting to get our attention. That's all the video and text asks for. The images in the background makes me think that I am searching through channels trying to find what to watch but the TV doesn't care, he just wants me to look at him, telling me that he has everything I would ever need and want besides my bodily functions and physical needs.

The second video I chose was The Beast File: Google. This does an amazing job telling us what Google wants from us as an individual. They want to be the ONLY thing we need in life. They want to know what we're doing, how we do it, what we need and when we need it. The type and visuals have a spot on job of that. They move around the information that is already laid out in front of us for a reason. Keeping every piece of information on the video is a great way of making sure that we do not forget about what they are telling us. They don't want us to forget that Googles' moto is "Don't Be Evil" but, in the long run, Google is making themselves into what some people think is evil due to a lot of privacy issues. They make the text into an image of Darth Vader to show that Google is turning itself into the iconic "Sith Lord" because he is evil and has no good intentions for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment