Thursday, October 16, 2014

Type Presentations and New Projects! (This week and last week)

This is a combination of last weeks' and this weeks' blog post.

Last week, we had worked on a project based on hierarchy and turned the original and the improved version in on Thursday. Also, on Thursday, I had presented my Tshirt design and my presentation on Claude Garamond.

I based my Tshirt design on silly little facts that I found about Claude's font. I found out that the Garamond font can save you about 25% of ink and that his font was also used in the Dr. Seuss books. So I changed the quote of "I speak for the trees" to "I speak for the ink". For my presentation, I just went off the information I used for my initial research and made my presentation out of pictures I had found on the internet for visual references.

This week, we finished up the rest of the Typographer/Tshirt presentations. After we had finished them, we took a class photo together with all of our tshirts on. Then we did individual photos of them. When we came back into the classroom, Professor Mata had introduced us to our new project, a type monologue. We are making a book out of them with six spreads and then making a video with it as well. My monologue is from the show My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. It is from the episode "Power Ponies" and I am using the character Fluttershy who is turned into the super hero, Saddle Rager, a ponified version of The Hulk.
The scene I am using is when she freaks out on the villain, Mane-iac, for hurting a harmless, little firefly. It's filled with a lot of anger and I feel like it will be a great monologue to work on.
For homework, we are to make 3x3 thumbnails of our 6 spread type book. This is just to show composition and size of the text, nothing more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment