Thursday, December 4, 2014

Lectures and Events!

For my outside event, I had gone to PCAD to see Aaron Draplin. Aaron is the owner of Draplin Design Co. When we got there, we waited for about an hour for it to start so it started late which was a little irritating because I didn't think that was going to happen but oh well. Draplin talked a lot about his family and where he grew up which was in Detriot. He had also mentioned that his died had passed as well... I don't remember exactly when he did though. Later on, he used to travel around the country much more. He was pretty funny too. He said a lot of jokes. Draplin also mentioned a lot about his work ethic. He had mentioned that he does a LOT of sketches and planning out his next project. Most of all, he said that it is more important to have and make lasting connections and friendships rather than money. Money is important but it is not more important than those connections. There was also I lot of merch you could buy as well. I got one of the graph notebooks! I kinda liked this get-together with Aaron but it wasn't the most exciting but is a little upsetting but besides that, it was nice! It's pretty cool that we were able to see one great artist in the area that owns his own company so we got the experience and words from a professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment